The Great Time Reversal

The words on the stone above me slowly became sharper and easier to read.
 
Beneath this monument marking my scheduled passage and arrival on this world my body slowly gained form. A layer of dust became bones, another layer of dust became rotted flesh. Rotted flesh over the years became solid flesh, giving my shape to a lifeless black suit of clothes

As the time neared for my death, it became common for my descendents and surviving friends and relatives to visit and think. I was unaware that my grandchildren and children were now visiting my burial site. The time of my death was drawing nearer

A ceremony was held in my honor, or so I was told. Family and friends gathered in joy as my body was raised from the earth. I was transferred to a waiting hearse. This vehicle brought me to the funeral parlor, where embalmers brought my body to a more deathlike appearance.

From there my body was taken to a hospital and an awaiting bed. Soon death would come. Family members awaited this moment joyously. My wife held my hand as the time approached.

No comments:

Post a Comment