Antique Dirt Road Discovered

Antique Dirt Road
Gravel Road still in use.

Boyer Chute in Nebraska

This is something you may have heard your grandparent's speak of. An actual gravel road, and it is still being used. It is located in Nebraska. Details are sketchy on this mystery find. Judging from the photo it appears to go a little ways, then turn to the left. Imagine that!

Noticing this rural oddity, I parked the car near the entrance to this road. Being in a pioneer spirit, I exited the car and gingerly approached the gravel road. I paused and contemplated what I was about to do, then cautiously placed my right foot gently on the surface of this strange environment.

It appeared solid enough to support my weight, so I brought my other foot into contact with this road. The surface was not as stable as people are used to nowadays. The gravel shifted slightly as I stood there, an eerie feeling for a modern human.

Taking several steps on this road, I found it no more stable in any spot I placed my feet. Turning around in a stumbling manner, I quickly returned to the solid footing of a black topped road.

My wife now had her camera in hand, and begged me to return to the road to allow a photo taking opportunity of this "return to the past". This I could not do.

Did I suffer any bad effects from this experience? How did I feel? After walking on history my stomach felt like it was moving side to side as water moves in a lake. I actually felt the need to vomit as sweat poured off of me. Pausing and finally regaining my composure after 23 1/2 minutes, I returned to the car for my Visti 25x Digital Zoomer camera and took this photo to share with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment